Spray Technician (Illini St)
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Spray Technician to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
We’re currently seeking a Spray Technician with chemical fertilization or pesticide industry experience to work with our commercial customers. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter and have a stable work history. We are seeking an individual who is passionately interested in the field or has a strong background in Horticulture. This position will be responsible for performing applications to turf, tree, and shrubs.
You’d be responsible for:
- Mixing and applying turf and tree/shrub care products, read material labels and fill charts
- Applying fertilizers and insecticides to turf and ornamental plants according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
- Driving company vehicle to customer location
- Working independently
- Preparing and dispersing horticultural chemicals as required to insure proper growing conditions for plants in gardens.
- Communicating with customers, verbally and in writing, about our service and their properties and address different concerns customers have with varying conditions.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum 1 year experience with chemical or spray applications
- Ability to work fast paced and produce quality results
- Knowledge and staying up to date of MSDS and chemical uses
- Ability to communicate well in both written and verbal formats
- Must be service oriented to exceed customers' needs
- Identify different pest issues and apply applicable chemicals
- Must have the ability to adapt to change quickly
- Must be able to effectively work independently
- Must be able to deal with various problems simultaneously and prioritize solutions
- Driver’s License Required
- RT Certification
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- RT Certification
- 3A & 3B preferred
- Ability to manage projects according to contract and budget
- Customer service experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to operate efficiently and safely at all times
- Pesticide applicators license or in process
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.