Business Development Executive, Municipal (Local Government)
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Business Development Executive, Municipal (Local Government) to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
Regional Business development manager for Local Government sector. The Business development Executive is expected to utilize their experience in the government sector to grow Local Government business YoY. This is a role that offers the right professional the opportunity to be a local government subject matter expert who can identify and execute on both strategic and tactical initiatives based on solid business analysis. This would include being able to converse and provide thought leadership given their knowledge and contacts related to the government market; trends, competition, and channel development.
You’d be responsible for:
- Focusing on an outstanding customer experience and become your customers’ trusted advisor
- Owning and developing the sales strategy, pipeline, and business plan looking forward 3-5 years
- Working closely with the account teams, partners and customers to drive the strategy and delivery of new solutions, products and services
- Planning and executing the sales strategy in order to meet the agreed milestones and timescales and to ensure that business targets are achieved or exceeded
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities through platforms such as GovSpend
- Delivering accurate business metrics and pipeline development reports
- Anticipating any change in the opportunities, market, customer needs and requirements that could impact the overall revenue target.
- Maintaining and promoting the company’s brand position in government sector
- Participating, attending, and contributing to regional marketing, selling and channel partnering to promote and grow business
- Managing assigned initiative plan execution through Salesforce ensuring fulfillment of assigned objectives
- Accepting a call from a sales manager requesting your participation in an important customer matter
- Representing at important government events and customer engagements
- Conducting value solution selling via webex (or in person), demonstrations, and training of the channel
- Researching government organizations and individuals to find new opportunities, establish new contacts, and manage an opportunity pipeline
- Creating target collateral to drive thought leadership and/or market penetration of our solutions
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience working in Local Government environment marketing and selling to Local Government entities
- Business development experience reaching new customers by developing partnerships with municipalities
- Familiarity and experience selling through Government programs like GovSpend
- Comfortable with proactively managing team sales increasing market penetration
- Experience and comfort creating target collateral, presentations (live and remote), and demonstrations to internally and externally
- Determine and develop long and short-term growth goals and drive initiative to ensure they are met
- Resolve customer service issues
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.