Tree Care Specialist
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Tree Manager to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Tree Manager (TM) schedules and directs personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost-effective tree services to clients. TMs also support the Account Manager(s) in estimating, design and client meetings as needed. TMs will also sell tree services to clients, with or without base maintenance contracts, on their own. The Tree Manager will oversee a commercial landscape portfolio and multiple service teams. The Tree Manager will be responsible for training and developing these individuals and providing day-to-day operational scheduling and guidance.
You’d be responsible for:
- Understanding client needs via regular communication with the Account Manager(s)
- Ensuring that job site safety, quality and appearance meet client and BrightView standards
- Managing all tree services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work
- Inspecting properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up
- Ensuring work is executed with proper techniques
- After installation, monitoring all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems
- As necessary, performing hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands
- Implementing and enforcing BrightView policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for branch equipment
- Working with the Branch Manager to identify staffing needs
- Hiring new crew as needed:
- Ensuring proper paperwork is completed for all personnel changes and hires
- Communicating with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plan for employees
- Preparing daily crew schedules and goals to be accomplished
- Emphasizing quality and efficiency of operations
- Hands-on training and supporting of crew personnel, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards
- Minimizing accidents to personnel and equipment
- Monitoring safety record of crews
- Keeping emergency contact information up to date and available
- Maintaining and manage all required administrative systems, including time sheets, service schedules, and executed vs. budgeted performance
- Coordinating with Branch Administrator to ensure tree job databases are consistently updated with current job information
- Ordering materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries
- Requesting purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines
- Assisting the Branch Manager in the performance of tree sales tasks, as required, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring tree goals for the branch are properly budgeted
- Working with the Branch Manager to ensure those goals are met or exceeded
- Helping Account Managers understand and accurately estimate jobs
- Reviewing tree job performance with branch team
- Estimating and sell tree jobs inside and outside of base maintenance contracts
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 2 year degree in a business related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- International Society of Arboriculture certification
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.