Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Administrative Specialist to join our team.
The Administrative Specialist at BV Golf Maintenance is part of a Central team that provides administrative support of all kinds to Golf Courses throughout the country and also to other members of the Central team. Working under the direction of the Office Manager, the AS will have an area of concentration but may be cross-trained and asked to participate in a variety of administrative activities. Must be exceptionally organized, process and detail oriented, a consistent communicator, able to prioritize and follow up on key activities, willing to reach out to available resources to ensure business is conducted in a compliant fashion.
You’d be responsible for:
- General office administrative tasks – opening/distributing mail, ordering office supplies
- Accounts Payable: Supporting vendor set up and change requests, processing all vouchers from vendors and preparing for submittal to Central Accounts Payable for payment, responding to/resolving vendor inquiries, tracking Corporate submittals and following up with Departments as needed on missing vouchers
- Weekly entry/reconciliation of all course temporary labor account invoices
- Monthly reconciliation of company credit card established specifically for course utility accounts
- Monthly reporting/review of open regular service purchase order and recurring PO services
- Monthly reconciliation of “Received not Vouchered” report.
- Support course start-up operations: Establish utility accounts as needed (phone/internet/water/power/gas), order/assign new cell phones/computers/time clocks, set up company email accounts, order uniforms, ship course administrative material “start up” boxes
- Support New Superintendent/Assistant Superintendent set up including new or reassigned phones and computers, email set up
- Maintain/update Phone lists/computer assignments/reassignments,
- IT Liaison for all communication/computer/email set up/assignments
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and act in a way that causes others to trust.
- Build trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- Exhibit a readiness to make decisions, take action, and make commitments.
- Develop alternate courses of action and make decisions which are logical and which reflect factual information.
- Utilize ethical judgment.
- Evaluate situations and identify existing problems or opportunities.
- Search for root causes when solving problems.
- Make high-quality decisions based on accurate assessment of the facts and situation.
- Provide leadership in projects through all phases to completion
- Negotiate and cooperate with others to best use available resources.
- Develop and maintain effective relations with both internal and external customers.
- Gain team member understanding, support, and commitment to delivery.
- Motivate others to work effectively as a team.
- Commit to eliminating organizational barriers to teamwork and quality improvement.
- Time and Task Management
- Avoid crises through systematic planning and follow-through.
- Organize activities such that they are properly completed in a timely manner.
- Schedule time by assigning priorities to daily/weekly/monthly work activities.
- Document and file appropriate information in an organized manner for future reference.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 years experience in Accounts Payable a plus
- Familiarity with Oracle JDEdwards software a plus
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks, work independently and be a highly motivated, self-starter
- Ability to work with confidential information and exercise critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail with strong organization skills
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.