Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Application Developer to join our team.
You’d be responsible for:
- Development Standards – In partnership with BrightView’s Application Architect and IT leadership, recommend and obtain consensus on technology standards that align with business objectives and industry best-practices. Ensure all projects adhere to these standards. Continue to evolve standards as technologies and business needs change.
- Development methodology – Utilize object-oriented design principles, code reusability, and industry and team best practices in coding standards.
- Quality – Adhere to industry and team best practices in code reviews, automated and manual testing, logging, and monitoring. Maintain accompanying procedures.
- Software Development Lifecycle – Adhere to change management and release management policies and best practices.
- Project discipline – Help develop and then adhere to implementation plans and deliverables. Escalate issues and propose solutions when project schedules or scope are at risk. Report status as established by the project team and PMO.
- Technical Documentation – Maintain appropriate documentation related to customizations, scripting, and integration. Train support resource as needed to maintain and administer systems.
- Industry Knowledge – Keep abreast of the latest trends in cloud computing, software development technologies, tools, and enterprise software. Complete technical training as deemed appropriate.
- Vendor oversight – When supplemental external resources are needed for a project, work closely with them to ensure all standards above are followed.
- ITSM – Enhance and maintain BrightView’s ITSM and CSM Service Now platform.
- Single Sign On – Configure applications for SSO and create custom landing / log-in pages.
- Custom Applications – Build and maintain desktop, web, and mobile applications that help enhance BrightView’s business.
- Requirements analysis, design, and scoping – Work with technical teams, business representatives, and vendors to turn business requirements into technical designs. Ensure selected solutions adhere to best practices and standards. Suggest improvements to business process utilizing knowledge of solution capabilities.
- Constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, photocopier, and computer printer
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Industry recognized Security and / or Network Certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software development.
- Knowledge and application of software development best-practices.
- Working knowledge of two or more object-oriented languages (C#, Java, C++, Python, VB, etc).
- Working knowledge of one or more SQL implementations (SQL Server, Oracle SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc).
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting technologies (PHP, PERL, Power Shell,
- Working knowledge to create and utilize RESTful and SOAP APIs, including familiarity with JSON and XML.
- Experience with standard project management methodologies including Agile / SCRUM and Waterfall
- Experience with cloud implementations (IAAS and PAAS) such as AWS or Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals (includes IT team members and leadership, business representatives, vendors, etc).
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to work well under pressure, and experience managing outage communication and resolution.
- Experience in preparing process and design documentation.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.