Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Commercial Paralegal to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
In this position, the Paralegal will assist the Attorneys in the Office of General Counsel with various matters impacting the Company. This will include preparing and maintaining demand letters and collections, putting together bankruptcy claims, handling subpoenas, providing and eliciting support with our branches and other functions, participating in investigations, fact and document gathering, preparing legal documents and reports, and researching legal issues, as well as other operations support for the team. The paralegal will work on a wide variety of issues including, but not limited to, collections and receivables, bankruptcy claims, managing the service of process for the Company, litigation matters, contracts, subpoena management, vendor and client commercial transactions, communicating with outside counsel, invoice management, regulatory compliance, various negotiations and other legal issues faced by a growing publicly traded corporation, as well as data and information tracking, management and reporting for the Office of General Counsel. In addition, this person will be expected to provide administrative support, approximately 25% of the time to 2 Attorneys in the Office of General Counsel.
You’d be responsible for:
- Managing the Company’s collections and bankruptcy claims processes with oversight by the VP/ Sr. Associate General Counsel (Commercial)
- Owner and Administrator of the Company collections and bankruptcy database including training and assisting field team members
- Fact gathering in support of legal matters in which the Company may be involved
- Organization, management, and tracking of the documentation the comes through the Office of General Counsel to ensure timely responses, specifically managing subpoenas and service of process through our service agent
- Conducting research on legal issues using necessary resources as needed
- Assisting attorneys in preparing letters and legal documents
- Proofreading outgoing legal documents
- Making recommendations to ensure that documents are accurate and up to date
- Establishing and maintaining internal client contact through correspondence, telephone conversations, and meetings, as needed
- Assessing legal issues and engaging attorneys as needed to develop strategy to correct identified issues. Implementing solutions to include collaborating with other business units, customers, and outside counsel
- Creating model documents and templates. Utilizing computer databases to organize and store information. Coordinating organization and maintenance of matter management files
- Performing administrative support duties for attorneys as assigned including, but not limited to: managing travel itineraries, processing expense reports, submitting invoices for payment; creating, updating and filing subject matter files; and other support as needed
You might be a good fit if you have:
- BS degree or equivalent; Paralegal certificate preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of general paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate law department, preferably with subject matter experience consistent with the above roles and including Commercial, Construction and Mergers and Acquisitions
- Exceptional organization skills are required
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Attention to detail is essential for this role
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment while remaining focused on attention to detail and customer service and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated success as a team player
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and track and meet deadlines while being responsive to internal and external clients.
- Must be able to work independently in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Periodic overtime will be required
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.