Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Network Engineer to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
Design, plan, configure, deploy, and maintain the enterprise network infrastructure that connects BrightView data centers, field, and corporate offices.
You’d be responsible for:
- Maximizing network uptime and stability through proactive monitoring and prompt incident-management.
- Planning and leading network upgrade and maintenance projects. Attend project and PMO meetings, provide updates and manage assigned tasks using designated Project Management tools, and provide reports to management as needed.
- Regularly reviewing and resolving incidents and problem records, tracked and managed via the IT Service Management system.
- Serving as part of IT’s security contingent, maintaining ongoing vigilance to protect the BrightView network from unauthorized access and misuse. Consider the principle of least privilege with each security change and network configuration.
- Preparing Change Requests for modifications and other impactful events to production systems. Attend Change Control meetings, prepare test and back out plans, obtain necessary approvals, and execute changes after hours where appropriate.
- Coordinating directly with field office administrators to assist with recovery from circuit outage events, planned upgrades, and other changes.
- Interfacing with Cisco, HP/ Aruba, AT&T and other circuit providers, and other BrightView vendors to stay abreast of technology advancements, track and plan around critical support deadlines, and manage open issues.
- Developing and maintaining technical records, network diagrams, and procedural documentation.
- Participating in annual planning and budgeting efforts in support of the BrightView network.
- Assisting with annual public company audit and compliance requests, as needed.
- Constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, photocopier, and computer printer
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Proficiency in Cisco Nexus routing and switching and BGP (CM experience a plus).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in network design and architecture, wireless, LAN and WAN administration, and network security.
- Superb triage and troubleshooting skills. Extensive experience managing outage events and resolving chronic network issues.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and use sound judgment to manage priorities.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Comfortable coordinating directly with external vendors, such as Cisco TAC to address bugs, plan upgrades, and review maintenance plans.
- Experience with Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers, Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls, and Aruba Wireless.
- Equally comfortable working independently and as part of a team to plan and execute project tasks, and triage problems.
- Experience planning and leading network upgrades and maintenance projects.
- Experience with formal Change Control, Incident and Problem Management, and Project Management a plus.
- Prefer public company experience, but it is not required.
- Experience with SDWAN deployments and Cloud based technologies is desired, but not required.
- 4 year technical degree required.
- Cisco CCNA required, CCNP a plus.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.