Senior Data Engineer
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
BrightView is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our IT Team whose role will focus on providing technical leadership and authorship to BrightView’s data strategy. Working with IT management, Application Architects, and data governance members from across the organization, this role will design and create the data management framework that supports the application and analytic needs of the business in a secure way within a publicly traded organization. Duties will include creating and working within data governance policies, designing, and building data sourcing, conversion, and synchronization solutions, and documenting those solutions.
You’d be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and supporting a data management strategy that incorporates a semantic model needed to support Business Intelligence.
- Utilizing best practices for data governance, data quality, data cleansing, and other ETL-related activities.
- Automating and integrating new components into the data pipeline.
- Building the infrastructure and automation for the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from various sources.
- Creating unit test and stress test components to monitor technical performance and ensure identified issues are resolved.
- Building and maintaining analytical tools to provide data insight and capture key metrics.
- Understanding the path of and providing transparency into source to target data.
- Maintaining technical documentation.
- Working with business stakeholders, IT Analysts, and IT managers to understand data needs.
- Analyzing data requirements that support BrightView business processes.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years development experience in data engineering
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working in big data ecosystems.
- An analytic mind. Data wrangler. Self-motivated. Team player.
- The capacity to assemble data integration services (between SaaS applications, on-premise systems, and enterprise data warehouse)
- Experience with building and supporting data and ETL pipelines.
- Cutting-edge skills that support big data management, modern data pipelines, and integrated predictive models.
- A good understanding of Azure Platform.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with SQL, T-SQL.
- Experience with SSIS, PowerBI.
- Nice to have: OLAP, Tableau, SSRS, C# or Python, Logic Apps.
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to roll your sleeves up and help troubleshoot to solve complex and exciting problems.
- The ability to work with other teams as well as manage projects independently.
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- General knowledge and understanding of how to read architectural plans
- Ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of drought tolerant landscape is a plus
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.