Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands.
We’re currently seeking to hire a Quality Control Technician for one of our premier client sites located in Cupertino, CA. This well-known campus is known as the "spaceship" and will have a hands-on focus of the overall maintenance of the proper tree & plant healthcare of the site.
What you'll do:
- Diagnose tree and shrub problems in the landscape
- Monitor tree health during establishment
- Use soil probes to monitor and manage soil moisture for plant establishment and calibration of water run times
- Monitor soil moisture sensor readings
- Sampling and testing of soil nutrient levels
- Monitor and control disease and pest in conjunction with Horticulture Lead or Field Operations Lead Manager
- Convey quality control issues from inspections via daily meetings with Horticulture Lead and QC Manager
- Develop and recommend improved QC monitoring methods and standards
- Collaborate with Client management and BrightView teams so that schedules and programs may be executed as planned.
Skills we're seeking:
- Current or previous hands-on working experience in the tree care industry is highly preferred
- 1-2 years of diagnosing tree & plant healthcare issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to clients and management
- 2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture or Plant science is highly preferred but not required
- Ability to coach and develop teams
- ISA Certified Arborist or willing to pursue
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.