Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Designer/Estimator to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
A Designer requires a high level of creativity, organization and professionalism. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual with fresh ideas, committed to staying on the leading edge of design, plant introductions, and new technology. An Estimator will review plans and prepare bid information for commercial landscape and irrigation projects.
You’d be responsible for:
- Working with fellow Designers, Project Managers, and Principals to meet project needs
- Ensuring quality, accuracy, and completeness of project work
- Engaging in and promote a collaborative work environment
- Understanding project goals and processes
- Developing the skills required to produce products in support of the work
- Learning and apply office standards
- Initiating team initiatives
- Communicating with clients and consultants in a professional manner
- Gathering, calculating and compiling take off data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Preparing routine estimates and detailed cost estimates for ancillary projects under the supervision of the Enhancement Manager.
- Maintaining current and accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Utilizing standard estimate computer software to present information to management
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Experience working in the landscaping industry on estimating and managing landscape and irrigation projects and/or in landscape design
- Experience with HCSS preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with computer software programs including Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Lumion, and Microsoft Office Suite
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Proficient with On-Screen Take-Off a plus
- Knowledge of 3DS Max and Revit desirable
- Strong horticultural knowledge
- Licensure desired but not required
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.