Crew Leader (Emerald Landscape)
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Crew Leader to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Landscape Maintenance Crew Leaders directs crew members and reports to Area/Operations Manager to ensure that client expectations are met for each job.
You’d be responsible for:
- Planning maintenance activities at job site according to specifications, client expectations and Area/Operations Manager direction
- Assigning daily tasks to crew and ensures compliance
- Evaluating quality of service provided to customers and follows procedures to minimize customer complaints
- Training and evaluating the effectiveness of crew
- Ensuring proper use, care and inventory of company vehicle, equipment and tools assigned
- Applying Pesticides and Fertilizers
- Promoting and maintaining safe working conditions
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of one year related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area and volume
- Valid California Driver License
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is frequently required to drive a truck/trailer combination.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with mechanical objects and works in outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.