Regional Finance Director
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Regional Finance Director to join our team for our Southern California/Las Vegas market. This position is based in Irvine, CA and reports directly to the SVP for the SoCal/NV region with a dotted line reporting relationship to the VP, Finance.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Finance Director for the region serves as the leader for the financial function of the region and as a business partner to the SVP. The successful candidate will possess strong financial acumen with the demonstrated ability to build the financial literacy and capabilities of the Region and the Branches. The successful candidate will support innovation and help design a competitive strategy that enhances the brand and drives profitable revenue growth in the Region. The candidate will own the financial management of a region supporting multiple Branches with varying levels of size, scope and complexity. The primary focus of the role is to support the SVP with financial expertise (business partner), while overseeing the financial processes of the Region & Branches. This individual will maintain rock solid, forward-looking data/information and integrity.
You’d be responsible for:
- Serving as a business partner at a strategic level that support the SVP and the Branch Managers in decision making
- Partnering with SVP and the business CFO to drive tactical and strategic initiatives related to performance management for the region. This includes leading reporting of budget, forecast and performance results
- Providing insights from financial trends with business understanding of implications and opportunities
- Adhering to all accounting policies and practice, including public company financial protocols and quarterly rhythms
- Leading all decision support, financial planning and analysis efforts for the region including but not limited to P&L management, KPI delivery, accuracy and quality, internal audit, asset management and estimating (as a process partner)
- Working with/analyze quantitative or financial data to monitor trends and make recommendations to ensure improved business outcomes.
- Ensuring Branch Managers are equipped to engage their teams in financial analysis and solution development/implementation
- Managing workflow in a manner that the team can effectively balance priorities, providing backup support as needed and otherwise ensuring that all work is accomplished with an appropriate sense of urgency and a high level of quality
- Soliciting regular feedback from customers, managers, peers, and other team members with the goal of continuous operational improvement
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university required. Masters preferred
- Minimum of 8 years significant experience leading the finance function in a matrixed environment of a geographically dispersed business
- Public traded company experience a must.
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Strong operational knowledge/Experience gathering insights from data to inform strategy/ opportunities
- Proven success as an exporter of talent
- Experience with acquisitions preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, listening, presenting)
- Excellent technical skills (E1, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Financial Systems)
- Travel Expected to be <25% of your time
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.