Construction Landscape Laborer
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Enhancement Landscape Laborer to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Enhancement Landscape Laborer executes small scale landscaping operations and maintains grounds and landscape of commercial properties.
You’d be responsible for:
- Perform plant removal, replanting of lawn, converting lawn areas to planters, or planters to lawn, replace broken sidewalk, lay mow strips, mulch, prune and plant trees.
- Serve as backup to interior, landscaping maintenance, gardening, irrigation technology and grounds person job or job function.
- Remove or plant grass, utilize garden tools including rakes, shovels, picks, etc.
- Dig trenches and set up cement forms for sidewalk replacement, mow strips, and planters.
- Utilize pruning and trimming equipment to maintain trees and shrubs.
- Operate lawn maintenance equipment including a 36" mower, blower, gas powered trimmer, and other power equipment.
- Water plants, lawns, and gardens.
- Apply fertilizer in accordance with scheduled use and application standards.
- Perform plant, weed, trim, and blow activities
- Remove materials from overhead racks on truck and transport materials from site to site.
- Handle tools, dig, cement fish, plant, weed, maintain, and mow
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 6 months commercial landscape experience preferred but no required
- Knowledge to identify proper amount of water application and penetration
- Current drivers’ license
- Knowledge to adjust and regulate sprinkler heads, finishing cement surfaces, preparing forms for cement pours, and weeding
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work with cement in preparing for the pour and following finishing procedures.
- Ability to operate a truck with trailer/gate and ramp for loading, unloading and transport of equipment
- Ability to stand for 5 minutes, walk for 2 hours and sit for 30 minutes consecutively
- Ability to lift and carry tools, equipment, and materials weighing up to 20 pounds. Distance carried - 50 feet maximum.
- Ability to handle items such as plants, bushes, hoses, shovels, rakes, and burlap bags – which are handled by two workers.
- Ability to lift 30-50 lbs. (120 lbs. trees lifted and carried by 4 individuals) a distance of 20 feet for planting.
- Ability to push or pull grass into rolls requiring force up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull, twist, and turn trees with a force of up to 35 lbs. when planting trees.
- Must be able to bend at the waist when picking up leaves, branches, trimming, mowing, digging trenches, setting forms, and planting.
- Must possess current drivers’ license.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.