Groundsperson (Commercial Tree Care)
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Groundsperson to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
You love to spend your day outdoors cultivating amazing landscapes. You treat grass, trees and plots with great care and attention, doing whatever it takes to help them thrive. Here at BrightView, we appreciate people with such love for landscaping and greenery.
You’d be responsible for:
- The many activities that make grass, flowers and client relationships bloom. Using a variety of equipment such as mowers, blowers, clippers, and edgers to create and prep soil for plant placement.
- Set up and clean up, and taking good care of our trucks and machinery.
- Working as part of a team.
- Setting up safety items including positioning cones and signs and roping or taping off crew work areas
- Handing tools to the climber and receiving tools from the climber using a rope to hoist them up into the tree
- Gathering branches into piles, transporting to the chipper, feeding them into the chipper and unloading tree trunks and chips at the appropriate facility
- Ensuring that all operations, job sites and employees are safe and that the general public which might come into contact with the area will be safe
- Communicating effectively with other crew members and the public
You might be a good fit if you have:
- You must be at least 18 years old, enthusiastic and dependable, and able to safely work with equipment like power saws and cutters.
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Applicants must be able to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, doing very physical work, able to lift/carry 35-80 pounds often
- Previous experience is helpful, but you must have an understanding of landscape basics.
- CDL Driver’s License would be a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.