Manager of Technical Services
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Manager of Technical Services to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Manager of Technical Services is responsible for managing the performance of all matters related to agronomic technical services including regulatory compliance, design and execution of Turf & Ornamental and Flower programs, and serve as an agronomic and horticultural consultant for all landscape maintenance operations within assigned region.
You’d be responsible for:
- Monitoring and communicating new legal/regulatory developments impacting operations
- Monitoring and ensuring all necessary branch / applicator licenses are maintained and up-to-date
- Ensuring all branch operations are up-to-date on pesticide training related to regulatory requirements, proper use, safety and transportation, and storage.
- Managing bi-annual branch pesticide and applicator compliance self-audits; ensure branches are resolving all compliance gaps.
- Performing a minimum of five random branch audits annually and four random applicator audits bi-annually per region;
- Reporting audit results
- Performing Acquisition pesticide audits for compliance and chemical inventory in first 30 days of acquisition.
- Developing and managing corrective action plans including proper disposal of chemicals and transition to BV programs.
Turf & Ornamental, Flower Program Design and Execution
- Developing cutting edge Turf & Ornamental, Flower programs to ensure programs are the best, cost effective, productively efficient, and environmentally friendly programs
- Approving of all turf program change requests and any new chemical requests.
- Ensuring all programs in assigned regions are up-to-date and geared toward industry best practices
- Monitoring programs to ensure that execution is carried out at high level of quality and cost-effectiveness
- Contributing to the building of a technical services library to support landscape maintenance operations across the enterprise
- Helping improve chemical purchases and inventory efficiency
Technical Support and Business Partnership
- Providing region / branch leadership (BM, AM, PM, CL) horticulture and regulatory requirements training
- Providing branch applicator training to include hands-on application training, regulatory requirements, and safety.
- Performing in the capacity of subject matter expert and authority on all agronomic and horticultural technical matters in assigned region
- Establishing and maintaining an effective communication system to ensure relevant technical information is provided to Region SVP, VPGM, and branch management teams and partners on a timely basis.
- Communicating effectively to the Region SVP, VPGM, and branch management teams the consequences of non-compliance.
- Communicating effectively any significant region, market or branch specific problems or issues to the responsible Region SVP and VP-EHS/Technical Services
All Other Duties
Performing all other duties as assigned including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills and working in conditions necessary to perform all assigned tasks. Tasks may include items such as, but not limited to, Subject Matter Expert (SME) Teams, assigned projects or other duties or initiatives as directed.
Not business critical, however these additional activities, if implemented, would be impactful to the organization, team members and customers.
- Creating an active and effective agronomic communication program on critical topics within the technical team and operational leadership
- Lunch and Learn for customers
- Conducting Property Manager continuing education opportunities.
- Partnering with Procurement team to identify vendors
- Regional and local vendor coordinator, developing vendor relationships
- Resourcing for specialty items (i.e. plant material)
- Partnering with landscape designers to support design and operations for best plant pallet
- Providing practical and doable solutions to operations
- Resource showing depth of expertise; new sales support
- Providing support to operational leadership in making in-source and outsource decisions
- Providing customer support for specific issues and requests,
- Providing field observations and property walks
- Providing consultant activities
- Providing additional field training
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’ degree in related technical area (e.g. agronomy, turf science, ornamental horticulture, plant science and pest management, etc.) Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of landscape industry experience
- Strong knowledge of:
- Turf and ornamental horticulture
- Field operations in a landscape services environment
- Financial analysis related to operational support
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and DOA regulations and standards.
- Ability to recognize compliance and risk issues and situations.
- Ability to recommend, develop, and implement compliance strategies and plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency using virtual meeting technology (Skype, ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Willingness to travel 60% of time.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.