Director, Technical Services
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Director of Technical Services to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
Responsible for managing the performance of all matters related to agronomic technical services including regulatory compliance, design and execution of Turf & Ornamental and Flower programs and serve as an agronomic and horticultural consultant for all landscape maintenance operations within assigned region.
You’d be responsible for:
- Monitor and communicate new legal/regulatory developments impacting operations
- Monitor and ensure all necessary branch / applicator licenses are maintained and up to date
- Ensure all branch operations are up to date on pesticide training related to regulatory requirements, proper use, safety and transportation, and storage.
- Manage bi-annual branch pesticide and applicator compliance self-audits; ensure branches are resolving all compliance gaps.
- Perform a minimum of five random branch audits annually and four random applicators audits bi-annually per region
- Report audit results
- Perform Acquisition pesticide audits for compliance and chemical inventory in first 30 days of acquisition.
- Develop and manage corrective action plans including proper disposal of chemicals and transition to BV programs.
Turf & Ornamental, Flower Program Design and Execution
- Develops cutting edge Turf & Ornamental, Flower programs to ensure programs are the best, cost effective, productively efficient, and environmentally friendly programs
- Approver of all turf program change requests and any new chemical requests.
- Ensures all programs in assigned regions are up-to-date and geared toward industry best practices
- Monitors programs to ensure that execution is carried out at high level of quality and cost-effectiveness
- Contributes to the building of a technical services library to support landscape maintenance operations across the enterprise
- Helps improve chemical purchases and inventory efficiency
Technical Support and Business Partnership
- Provide region / branch leadership (BM, AM, PM, CL) horticulture and regulatory requirements training
- Provide branch applicator training to include hands-on application training, regulatory requirements, and safety.
- Performs in the capacity of subject matter expert and authority on all agronomic and horticultural technical matters in assigned region
All Other Duties – Perform all other duties as assigned including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills and working in conditions necessary to perform all assigned tasks. Tasks may include items such as, but not limited to, Subject Matter Expert (SME) Teams, assigned projects or other duties or initiatives as directed.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’ degree in related technical area (e.g., agronomy, turf science, ornamental horticulture, plant science and pest management, etc.) Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of landscape industry experience
- Strong knowledge of:
- Turf and ornamental horticulture
- Field operations in a landscape services environment
- Financial analysis related to operational support
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and DOA regulations and standards.
- Ability to recognize compliance and risk issues and situations.
- Ability to recommend, develop, and implement compliance strategies and plans
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency using video conferencing technology (Skype, ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Willingness to travel 60% of time.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.