Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Project Estimator to join our team.
You’d be responsible for:
- Preparing and running the weekly Sales and Estimating Meeting; review bid schedule with Branch Manager, Project Estimating Team and Business Developer
- Attending all Pre-Job ‘Turnover- Kickoff” meetings with other Departments.
- Attending all weekly Staff Meetings with other Middle Managers.
- Working on multiple projects; perform multi-tasking and planning for future.
- Participating in all Design Build projects and be able to provide Budget Estimate or ROM.
- Leading and developing a team of Project Estimators.
- Utilizing standard estimate computer software to present information to management
- Gathering, calculating and compiling take off data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Performing takeoff, spreadsheet input; analyze plans, specs, construction notes and details.
- Preparing cost analysis recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Performing quantity analysis, cost analysis, labor estimates & subcontractor pricing
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, make an estimate.
- Preparing routine estimates in partnership with the Branch Manager and the head of Pre-construction.
- Reviewing estimate with estimators for completeness and accuracy from start to finish and close out job on time.
- Put scope letter with qualifications and exclusions of each specific project.
- Evaluating Project Documents for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Maintaining current and accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Analyzing and strategizing bids, competitors, margin, and bid closure.
- Developing and maintaining resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Supporting the overall goals and objectives of the local and regional teams.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in estimating or pre-construction
- Understanding and knowledge of with On-Screen-Takeoff (OST) and HCSS preferred
- Proficiency with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or related
- Working understanding of Microsoft Project or Primavera Construction Scheduling software.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.