Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Foreman to work at one of our golf courses. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter and have a stable work history. The foreman reports directly to the golf course superintendent or assistant golf course superintendent.
What you'll do:
- Direct the maintenance of all areas as defined by the superintendent or assistant superintendent
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment assigned to the course
- Supervise special projects as directed by superintendent or assistant superintendent
- Manage and dispense supplies and materials to support maintenance activities
- Directly supervise and train golf course employees. Provide feedback on employee training and discipline.
- Identify problems and communicate promptly with superintendent or assistant superintendent
- Protect the company's interest by an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course and company policies
- Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program
- Represent BrightView Golf Course Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance and speech
- Maintain effective employee and public relations
Skills we're seeking:
- Knowledge of turfgrass management
- Knowledge of irrigation and drainage principles
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Ability to operate and train on all pieces of equipment employed at the course
- Ability to apply as directed fertilizers, soil conditioners and other control products
- Valid driver's license
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.