San Diego, California
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Tree Care Crew Leader. We’ll look to you to ensure efficiency and that client standards are attained. You’ll conduct site inspections, provide hands-on leadership, and provide guidance for soil, planting, watering and insect control. You’ll also drive and maintain our vehicles, train personnel with a strong emphasis on safety, and handle schedules, and review charts and reports.
What you'll do:
- Supervising the tree care service activities of the crew – ensuring that all crew members have the required safety material, that the crews have the training and tools needed to complete the job and that the crews are operating safely at all times
- Reviewing and managing crew schedules
- Completing a pre-trip inspection report each day before dispatch for all Class B equipment.
- Coordinating with branch management, customers and employees as needed
- Using tree & landscaping tools and operating heavy equipment as needed
- Safely driving crews to and from jobs, adhering to Company’s safety policy and ensuring that the public will be safe while in contact with crews
Skills we're seeking:
- 3 years’ experience
- Good Driver’s License
- CDL license class B would be a plus
- Experience managing a crew consisting of climbers and grounds men or related services
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Good work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Requires medical card and first aid plus CPR certification card at time of hire
- Strong leadership skills
- Familiarity with the techniques and equipment used in landscaping.
- You also must be able to handle the physicality of our work: weather conditions, heavy lifting (30-80 pounds), and extensive walking.
- Supervisory experience desired.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.