San Jose, CaliforniaAPPLY NOW
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
Emerald Landscape - a subsidiary of BrightView Landscape Services - is currently seeking a Branch Manager for our San Jose Branch
What you'll do:
- Supervises and Manages 1 to 4 Area Managers
- Executes timely servicing and quality of work at all customer locations, including landscape maintenance, enhancement installations, and irrigation.
- Plans landscaping tasks, and instructs workers in planting of flowers, cutting lawns, debris and weed removal, preparing and grading of terrain, applying fertilizer, sodding lawns, and transplanting and pruning of trees and shrubbery.
- Recruits, hires and trains laborers and supervisors on accounts in area of responsibility, monitors work performance and holds employees accountable for work standards.
- Develops and mentors supervisors and identifies promotable associates from crews, and creates succession plans to build bench strength for filling supervisor positions
- Performs property inspections to ensure properties or installation jobs are performed to required standards and create action plans to correct deficiencies pro-actively.
- Visits maintenance properties, identifies property needs/additional opportunities, designs landscape layout where needed, and evaluates all other revenue generating opportunities and designs enhancement proposals based on finds.
- Presents enhancement proposals to customers, negotiates, closes the sale. Reviews activity reports to determine proposal and sales goals. Increases market share by achieving enhancement sales goals, proposal goals, and achieving target penetration rates.
- Communicates with customers on a routine basis to ensure satisfaction with service and solve problems to foster a positive, long-term relationship and discuss installation opportunities.
- Assists sales representatives in providing quotes for new maintenance proposals and/or contract renewal.
- Ensures properties are managed within budget to meet or exceed all required financial performance metrics and to the standard required by the Company and client.
- Delivers safety and technical training to workers weekly, monthly, or as needed/required.
- Interprets policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Purchase/request materials for enhancement/installation jobs to be performed, ensures material is received in time to complete work,
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Adjusts maintenance routes to maximize capacity and efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists in solving work problems.
- Prepares, reviews and approves daily payroll and production records.
- Reviews and monitors equipment maintenance programs and upkeep of vehicles used to service clients in designated area.
- Manages upkeep of irrigation systems in designated area.
- Reviews and manages any subcontractor work to be performed.
Skills we're seeking:
- 2 or 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an the landscaping industry or local marketplace, including 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrate skills in project and time management, team motivation, decision making and technology (MS Office and costing/estimating software)
- A working knowledge of business accounting and P&L statements is desired, plus broad knowledge of horticulture, landscaping equipment and managing a fleet of company vehicles.
- Competitive base salary with generous commission and bonus opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program to connect team members with resources for emotional, legal, or financial difficulties, as well as family, caregiving and daily living resources
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays and generous paid time off plan - Three Weeks to Start!
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement - BrightView partners with Ashford University to offer Full Tuition Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Programs
- Paid Employee Referral Program
- Weekly pay
- Company vehicle, laptop and cell phone
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.