San Jose, CaliforniaAPPLY NOW
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We are currently seeking a Tree Care Branch Manager.
You have solid business insight, strong leadership abilities and great customer relations skills.
You’re the type of leader who inspires and motivates your team toward greater efficiency and your branch towards profitability. You also have something more: the unique vision and interpersonal skills to develop strong customer relationships leading to the profitable growth of the Tree Care Business. We value that kind of talent and involvement here at BrightView.
What you'll do:
- Develop long-term relationships and communicate on a regular basis with key clients
- Inspect key client properties to monitor performance and overall job quality
- Ensure BrightView existing accounts are renewed each year
- Coordinate and manage client service teams
- Develop annual budgets
- Work with Controller to accurately track branch performance
- Ensure billing is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all contracts are executed correctly
- Ensure proper use and care of all branch assets
- Identify staffing needs
- Monitor branch safety record and implement methods to improve safe workplace practices
- Monitor and guide Supervisors as they train Crew Leaders and Crew Members
- Implement and enforce policies and procedures as issued by BrightView.
- Ensure new sales goals for the branch are properly budgeted
- Work with the Business Developer to ensure those goals are met or exceeded
- Identify prospects to meet sales goals and communicate to Business Developer
- Understand and accurately estimate jobs
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all employee changes and hires
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plan(s) for employees
You’ll be accountable for the efficiency of client work and increasing market share for the branch. You’ll have regular communication and meetings with team members and clients while building enduring relationships with them. You’ll also be responsible for multimillion dollar P&L of the branch, expedite contracts and billing, and hire, train, inspire and develop branch staff.
Skills we're seeking:
- Demonstrate skills in project and time management, team motivation, decision making and technology (MS Office and costing/estimating packages.)
- Four year degree in horticulture/other related field, or equivalent landscaping experience, and 3-5 years of management work experience.
- A working knowledge of business accounting and P&L statements is required, plus broad knowledge of horticulture, landscaping equipment and managing a fleet of company vehicles.
- Competitive base salary with generous commission and bonus opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program to connect team members with resources for emotional, legal, or financial difficulties, as well as family, caregiving and daily living resources
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account and Health Savings Account
- Paid Holidays and generous paid time off plan - Three Weeks to Start!
- Voluntary Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement - BrightView partners with Ashford University to offer Full Tuition Reimbursement
- Leadership Development Programs
- Paid Employee Referral Program
- Weekly pay
- Company vehicle, laptop and cell phone
BrightView's dynamic professional life is defined by trust, honesty, respect, teamwork, and excellence offers a chance to turn your daily job into a lifelong career surrounded by a supportive team and opportunity for advancement. Help us to inspire people and nurture landscapes to grow and thrive.
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.