Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
Provide management with guidance and support regarding the effective administration of safety and health programs. Drive management efforts for assigned markets/branches to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, reduce vehicle accidents, property damage, and comply with OSHA standards.
You’d be responsible for:
- Providing management at assigned markets/branches with guidance regarding the effective administration of safety and health programs.
- Develop and maintain complete understanding of safety & health compliance programs, training materials and other information contained on the Safety & Health Resources website.
- Proactively coach and guide assigned branches on how to implement compliance programs, training materials and other information contained on the Safety & Health Resources website. Respond to inquiries from assigned branches regarding interpretation and execution of programs, training and other information contained on the Safety & Health Resources website.
- Driving corporate and region management efforts to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, reduce vehicle accidents, property damage, and comply with OSHA standards.
- Conduct, coordinate and review inspections of assigned branches to identify potential OSHA compliance issues.
- Assess region/branch implementation of BrightView requirements as contained on the Safety& Health Resources website.
- Assist branches with the development of corrective action plans that address compliance or management system/practice issues.
- Monitor and hold management accountable for completion of corrective action plans.
- Review accident/incident investigations
- Correctly classifying workplace incidents in accordance with OSHA recordkeeping standards.
- Train region / branch management teams regarding S&H policies and procedures.
- Serve as a resource to SVP, VPGM, Branch Managers, and Branch Safety Leaders
- Monitor branch execution of monthly safety self-assessments.
- Conduct periodic safety audits and observations.
- Establish and maintain an effective communication system to ensure relevant safety and health information is provided to Region SVP, VPGM, and branch management teams and partners on a timely basis.
- Communicate effectively to the Region SVP, VPGM, and branch management teams the consequences of non-compliance.
- Drive implementation of safety & health procedures and programs consistent with OSHA regulatory requirements and corporate policies.
- Facilitate Region / Market Safety Meetings.
- Communicate effectively any significant region, market or branch specific problems or issues to the responsible EH&S supervisor.
- All Other Duties – Perform all other duties as assigned including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills and working in conditions necessary to perform all assigned tasks. Tasks may include items such as, but not limited to, Subject Matter Expert (SME) Teams, assigned projects or other duties or initiatives as directed.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor Degree preferred, minimum 3 years safety experience
- Two years of BrightView operations experience may be considered the equivalent of one year full time safety experience
- OHST or CHST preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and standards
- General Industry OSHA 10/30 Instructor a plus
- Ability to recognize compliance and risk issues and situation.
- Knowledge of safety and health management systems and practices
- Ability to recommend, develop, and implement compliance strategies
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel 40% of time
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.