Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Pre-Construction Manager to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Pre-Construction Manager reports directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible for strategic value analysis, technical selling assistance and thorough review of every opportunity to add value and mitigate risk for both the client and branch. In addition, the Pre-Construction Manager is responsible for managing Regional Estimators on branch specific projects, driving deadlines, communicating local practice and providing feedback to ensure the accuracy of each bid based on the general conditions, site requirements, plans, specifications, and addenda.
You’d be responsible for:
- Engaging with Business Developers on all potential opportunities to analyze project, collaborate on Plan to Win and determine scope.
- Completing scope sheet and communicate project specific information, including Plan to Win approach, to Regional Estimator in Pre-Bid meeting.
- Preparing for Sales Strategy Meeting to discuss pending opportunities, active estimates and potential opportunities with Branch Management and Business Developers.
- Participating in all Design Build and Design Assist projects. Creating conceptual estimates and ROM based on knowledge of cost, proper markup and contingency.
- Managing all Branch Opportunities from sales through estimating and turnover.
- Working with a team of National Estimators on a project by project basis, communicate effectively to align estimate with sales approach. Ensure new information during bidding process is sent to Estimator and incorporated into proposal. Explain market nuances, provide clear feedback for revision and hold Estimator accountable for accurate estimates completed on time.
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, supporting Estimator in making appropriate assumptions and qualifying accordingly.
- Analyzing plans, specs, construction notes and details for risk, constructability and value engineering opportunities. Assist Business Developer in communicating challenges and opportunities to the client.
- Completing thorough cost analysis and identify potential risks to upper management to facilitate best cost at bid time with informed margin decisions.
- Assisting in proposal creation with qualifications and clarifications on each specific project.
- Leveraging library of resources to compile highest quality proposals with prequalification information, resumes, project profiles and generate project specific schedules where applicable.
- Using Estimating computer software to orient information to the audience. Understanding and generating specific reports from HCSS, utilize OST to present project exhibits.
- Supporting Estimator of record in turnover preparation to include final reports, complete list of qualifications/estimate clarifications, appropriately organized project folder, PlanGrid document upload.
- Attending all Turnover Meetings to facilitate effective transition from Estimating to Operations
- Attending all branch Staff Meetings with other Managers. Strategize with other Managers to support branch goals.
- Developing and maintaining resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Supporting the overall goals and objectives of the regional and national teams.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience in large scale public or private commercial or private site work projects
- Client centric perspective, strong customer service with effective communication and technical selling experience.
- A plus: Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Horticulture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- Understanding and knowledge of with On-Screen-Takeoff (OST) and HCSS preferred
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- A plus: working understanding of Microsoft Project or Primavera Construction Scheduling software.
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.