Assistant Market Controller
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Assistant Market Controller to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Assistant Market Controller serves as a key financial leader for their assigned market. Reporting into the Market Controller or Regional Finance Manager, this is a key accounting and controllership role responsible for all financial accounting and reporting, internal controls, and support of related operating and production systems for the market. Additionally, the role will operate as a support function to the VPGM of the market. The successful candidate will possess strong accounting and financial acumen with the ability to assist with the accounting and financial capabilities of the market and branches while serving as a leader, mentor and coach for the branch teams. They will roll up the accounting and financial management of a $20 million dollar market supporting multiple branches with varying levels of size, scope and complexity, and will support the innovation and competitive strategies that enhance the brand and drive profitable revenue growth in the market.
You’d be responsible for:
- Organizing and directing the month end close process across the market and branches
- Helping to enforce and maintain Branch and Market level internal controls
- Assisting in responsibilities for oversight and control of branch and market level accounting and working capital, including billing/accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, prepaids & accruals, and branch and market property, plant & equipment
- Assisting in leading branches and market in developing and managing the budget process
- Managing and assisting branch teams with sales reporting
- Managing and assisting branch teams with P&L forecasting
- Reviewing branch financial performance against established goals and standard measures and work with RFM and VPGM in developing action plans for improved performance
- Helping provide training and coaching to branch teams and supporting the VPGM & Regional Finance Manager
- Traveling to various branches to perform month end closing responsibilities, trainings and process improvements.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Four year accounting or Finance degree
- Minimum of 5 years previous accounting experience in a branch environment similar to BrightView’s
- High level of proficiency in Excel to perform spreadsheet and financial analysis
- Experience with Accounting Software and Month End Close according to GAAP
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Strong analytical & communication skills
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.