Flower Department Crew Member/Driver
Flower Installation and Maintenance (Driver)
Spend your day outdoors, cultivating beautiful flowers. As a member of the BrightView Flower Department, you will work in a more specialized part of landscaping by helping to install and maintain seasonal color beds.
This is a full time position with overtime available frequently throughout the year. Must have a valid drivers license and be able to pass a drug screening.
Experience is preferred but not necessary. Must have reliable transportation to and from work and be able to work Monday through Friday.
Physical demands of this job include being able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs, bend and kneel frequently throughout the day, and work outdoors in the Florida weather (sometimes hot, sometimes cold).
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. Medical, dental and vision insurance is available through our company as well.
Plantings and Flower Installation:
- Prep soil uniformly for flower or groundcover installation
- Plant material properly considering depth, size, placement, and spacing
- Apply mulch appropriately for type of material
- Water material correctl Edge beds or establish new bed edges
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Valid Driver’s License
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Some experience in lawn care
- Ability to operate various vehicles, with or without trailers
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift branches and limbs
- Ability to push, pull, grip and squeeze various tools, products and/or items (e.g., pruning
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, sometimes uphill and on uneven terrain, often while carrying, pushing, or pulling equipment, materials, or debris.
- Ability to bend and kneel up to 9 hours or more a day
- Ability to use hand saw
- Ability to work hours vary and may exceed 12 hours per day
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, precipitation)
- Noise level may be loud at times and use of ear plugs may be required (e.g., outdoor conditions, backpack blowers, running mowers, weedwackers)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.