Landscape Production Trainer
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Production Trainer (PT) to join our team.
You’d be responsible for:
- Working with Branch Managers, VP General Managers and operational VPs to assess training needs and develop targets for crew growth within assigned market
- Providing guidance, coaching, and training necessary for crew members to progress to next career level
- Designing local training (based on enterprise established standards) and facilitate training programs including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and sub-contractors required
- Incorporating safety practices and policies into training
- Performing hands on work with crews as needed to demonstrate new processes and execution of techniques
- Developing monitoring processes to evaluate success of specific training programs, including tracking of required certifications for each crew level
- Sharing and helping implement production best practices across the market
- Reviewing and recommending improvements in production and work practices to increase productivity and quality; incorporating improvements in training program.
- Coaching/mentoring/partnering with Production Managers utilizing influencing techniques
- Providing coaching and guidance to Crew Leaders on leadership and training techniques
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of Horticultural knowledge, landscape industry experience and experience training one or multiple crew, or equivalent
- Proficient in the use of all typical landscaping equipment, including all company vehicles
- Structured problem solving approach, including proven ability to prioritize and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and written, with a wide range of people
- Speak proficiently in both English and Spanish (if appropriate for market)
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and manage a change program
- Capability of dealing with day-to-day challenges and obstacles: out of the ordinary scopes (e.g. new hires, new equipment, etc.)
- Displays a team approach to leadership; sets a positive example for others
- Ability to deliver classroom and field training on job and company specific topics
- Knowledge and ability to apply adult learning concepts in training design and delivery
- Ability to apply process skills to facilitate learning through listening, discussion, feedback, and synthesis of content
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Proficient with computer software programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- General knowledge and understanding of how to read architectural plans
- Ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of drought tolerant landscape is a plus
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong work ethic
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.