Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an Associate Production Manager (APM) to work onsite at a Luxury HOA. The Associates Production Manager (APM) schedules and directs the trim and mow crews and interacts with homeowners on property preferences and ancillary work. This specific APM will support two onsite Account Managers as needed.
What you'll do:
- Understand client needs via regular communication with each homeowner, the Property Management Team, and the Account Managers.
- Ensure that job site quality and appearance meet client and BrightView standards.
- Manage all landscape services, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up.
- Monitor irrigations systems, identify problems or necessary repairs, and communicate recommendations to the appropriate party.
- Monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify insect or disease problems.
- Implement and enforce BrightView policies and procedures related to proper upkeep and maintenance, storage, use, and training required for branch equipment.
- Work with the Account Manager to identify staffing needs, hire new crew members, and prepare daily crew schedules.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all employee changes and hires.
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plans for employees.
- Hands-on training and support of crew members, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Focus on safety and monitor safety records.
- Maintain and manage all required paperwork.
- Order materials as needed and monitor costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
Skills we're seeking:
- Strong hospitality focus and excellent communication skills with homeowners.
- 2-4 years of prior working experience in the landscaping industry or similar horticulture focused job.
- 1-2 years prior experience in a supervisory role.
- 2 or 4 year degree in a landscape-related field or certification by a landscape association preferred.
- Ability to coach and develop teams.
- Competitive salary
- Company Vehicle and Gas Card
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.