Director, Strategic Initiatives and Projects
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Director of Strategic Initiatives and Projects to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Director of Strategic Initiatives & Projects is a leader for the organization, focused on enhancing the regions capabilities through a broad range of projects. The position is expected to provide strategic thought leadership to cross functional project teams, stakeholders, and senior leaders while demonstrating a keen eye for the tactical elements of projects. The position partners with the Regional President, VP of Finance, VP of Operations, VP of HR, and other Operations Leaders to identify and evaluate opportunities for efficiency and growth. This role will pro-actively seek out, prioritize, and development an initiative road map with key leaders buy-in. The position will provide end to end project leadership (concept to completion), fully owning the mechanisms which ensure successful project delivery using a creative, focused, and synergistic project development process to include internal stakeholders and external strategic partnerships.
You’d be responsible for:
The successful candidate will possess strong experience in both commercial operations and project management. A successful incumbent will possess a strong capability in driving operations excellence and process efficiencies. They will bring a proven track record of defining a clear, consistent Divisional Strategy and managing Initiative progress. Solid, experiences with a track record of successful project outcomes are a minimum expectation of candidates for this role.
- Lead evaluation of initiatives with Divisional President, VP of Finance, VP of Operations, and VP of HR to include research of new and prospective business initiatives and recommend actions.
- Will map clear Divisional Strategy to address operational challenges and provide solutions.
- Will manage initiative progress including tracking of project health ensuring timely completion and that projects stay within budget.
- Works to mitigate risks across all functional and operational initiatives.
- Consistently and routinely updates Senior Leadership on the status of ALL Divisional initiatives (Functional and Operational) including key dates, potential road-blocks, and milestone achievement.
- Will act as “Chief of Staff” for Divisional President to present weekly status of ALL inflight projects.
- Assist in preparation of all Internal Meeting presentations.
- Leads implementation of cadence, review processes including standardizing and deploying reporting needs to key operational stakeholders.
- Calendar ALL Divisional Cadences and manage timing.
- Align Initiatives with performance expectations to make all initiatives measurable in terms of the success for each project.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent certification
- 10 plus years of progressive experience in Operation Management and Project Management
- Strong project management skills with a self-directed, results oriented aptitude
- Strong leadership and team building skills including managing diverse and virtual teams.
- Solid knowledge of Commercial Service Delivery with a large permanent and temporary labor component that fluctuates on a weekly basis
- A strategic thinker with the ability to develop and execute logical analysis to make data driven decisions
- Responsible to ensure project plans are robust, maintained, and access is available to all necessary stakeholders
- Understanding of product development, process development and implementation and regulatory requirements
- Organization agility, demonstrating ability to influence across levels and functions of the organization
- Needs to be able to rapidly assess and understand the organizations operational service delivery structure
- Has successfully lead geographically dispersed teams
- Has the ability to provide guidance/coaching to peers and other team members
- Manages complex projects requiring cross-functional teams
- Must have demonstrated analytical/problem-solving, project management/task planning, risk assessment, creativity/innovation and technical leadership skills
- Solves extremely complex, multi-faceted problems requiring ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
- Regularly exercises independent judgment in developing new methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results for complex assignments
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Experience within a similar industry that provides commercial services with a Branch Management component
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt AND/OR Project Management Certifications (PMP, CPMP, CAPM, CPM, PPM, etc.)
Travel of 30-50% required across given market to support and engage with regional and branch teams.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.