Regional Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Regional EHS Manager (Environmental Health & Safety) to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
This position is responsible to provide day to day EHS support to branch leadership and operating teams within designated Region. Support includes coaching, teaching and training field personnel on safe operating behaviors and the design, development and implementation of safety and risk control programs. Functions as a subject matter expert and consultant to help internal clients build sustainable loss improvement processes within their operating organizations that they will own and operate.
You’d be responsible for:
- Providing daily and continuous safety support to the Maintenance, Tree Care Services and Golf Course lines of business.
- Conducting compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support BrightView Health, Safety and Environmental Management.
- Providing daily guidance and direction in EHS programs to the Branch Safety Leaders at the field level, branch leadership level, and regional leadership to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Maintaining, auditing, and updating as needed BrightView SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
- Coaching, training, guiding, and mentoring the Branch Safety Leaders through the BrightView Safety Management System.
- Reviewing accidents/incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
- Participating in and support detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Assisting in the development and presentation of relevant EHS training.
- Working with employees and leadership to achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Traveling to branch locations and jobsites as required and perform any additional duties as needed.
Field Specific Responsibilities
- Visit and walk the jobsites on a regular basis to establish EHS presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly EHS Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Perform field safety observations during each visit.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Conduct Critical Behavior Based safety observations programs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Corporate Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Oversight and Implementation of Day-to-Day Field Operations
- Work with the Branch Leadership and Field Teams to ensure work practices are understood and followed.
- Coordinate Region, Market and Branch level safety activities.
- Conduct EHS audits and assessments of on-going operations to measure compliance with regulatory requirements and conformance to BrightView company policies and procedures.
- Plans, administers, and manages BrightView safety policies, programs, procedures, and systems for assigned region.
- Serves as the single point of contact for Region, Market, and Branch Leadership in area of responsibility.
- Ensures EHS policies, procedures, programs, and systems are trained and available to our employees.
Key Performance Metrics
This position will be responsible to influence the following performance metrics:
- OSHA Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR)
- OSHA Days Away Restricted and Transfer Cases (DART)
- One Page Root Cause Analysis Summary Page
- Individual Development Plan and Status
- Branch Visit Summary Completion
- Weekly Visit Summary Completion
- Notification of Injury
- Driver Qualification Files and Compliance
- Responsible Vehicle Accident Rate
- Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in related field: Safety, Engineering, Behavior Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Landscaping, Horticulture or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of Health, Safety & Environmental or relevant landscape maintenance/horticulture experience.
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Fluency in Spanish
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.