Hiring, Training and Safety Manager
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Hiring, Training and Safety Manager to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply recruiting and networking tools in a large-scale service environment while also ensuring a safe environment. The Manager will report directly to the Branch Manager and is responsible for recruiting, on-boarding, and training for field level positions.
You’d be responsible for:
- Drive enterprise wide safety and technology solutions within the field workforce. Train the field to operate within BrightView safety guidelines while building strong relationships with field leaders to influence their behaviors.
- Become the expert in all field technology to deliver training and drive utilization of all BrightView tools. Train superintendents and foreman on software systems used to track time for payroll, job costing, production tracking and project information.
- Drive recognition in the field ranks and identify potential future leaders e.g. leadmen and foreman through the communication of field training programs and career paths.
- Manage the H2B program for the branch and ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Utilize the existing recruiting marketing tools for the communities selected as recruiting targets, so there is a clear understanding of the BrightView name, reputation, and recruiting needs. Recognize and understand the hiring strategies of regional and national landscaping competitors, including who, where and when they hire and the wages that are being paid in the local area. Track all prospective and current employees contact information as well as the success of all recruiting strategies.
- Managing pipeline of potential employees and work with local branch management teams to anticipate, determine, and fulfill field labor recruiting needs.
- Conducting interviews in both English and Spanish to qualify candidates.
- Coordinating pre-employment drug testing, conduct safety orientation, verifying work history, collect and submit new hire paperwork to the payroll specialist, and perform new hire orientations.
- Conducting exit interviews and track reasons why field workforce level employees resign.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Landscape or similar construction industry experience preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be bilingual with the ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish.
- Must be outgoing and self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (including some weekends).
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Ability to manage numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.