Director of Operations Landscaping
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Director of Operations to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The purpose of this position is to ensure the continuous improvement of Branch operating capability that delivers superior business performance through the training and development of branch leaders in operating roles. Acts as a champion for quality landscapes and ensures this is a top priority with our operations team throughout the market. This role will provide technical operational support that enables success with all aspects of the Executional framework through proactive and reactive coaching. Serves as the key operational business partner to the Market VPGM to deliver on goals as well as to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve outliers.
You’d be responsible for:
- Implementing best-in class enterprise tools and processes to enable Branches to deliver best-in-class quality, service delivery and efficiencies
- Leading consistent operation planning and quality production processes in the Market to ensure all Branches meet their performance objectives.
- Optimizing staffing plans and HPS execution in Branches in partnership with VP HR to assure low turnover and efficient management with seasonality of business and client demands.
- Developing a Market specific plan for providing best-in-class quality and production efficiencies at every branch
- Maintaining expert knowledge of products, services and solutions for the Landscape Maintenance and Snow Service business.
- Partnering closely with the Enterprise Functional support teams to deploy and lead and support training of standard SOPS across the Market in support of the BrightView Priorities.
- Supporting Region sales team with new sales opportunities, strategic key accounts and other key client opportunities providing operations input to deliver to expectations
- Collaborating with production teams and looks for innovations that can be easily implemented and scaled by branch team.
- Making key business decisions with limited oversight
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent certification
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in Landscape Maintenance operations management
- A minimum of 5 years of significant service related leadership experience
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Solid functional expertise in process orientation, service delivery and execution
- Experience operating in a matrix environment as well as serving as a direct and indirect influencer
- Possesses the ability to develop a plan and execute that plan through others
- Has a focused operational mindset coupled with a strong commercial instinct
- Ability to present and communicate effectively in front of a large group of 50 to 300 of employees and customers.
- Builds strong partnerships with functional leaders to develop business, sales and operational strategy in support of company strategy and in alignment with Region goals. Is an enabler of growth for the organization
- Have a solid eye for identifying and selecting talent and a passion for developing direct reports. Is known as a promoter of others and has a documented record as an exporter of talent to other areas of the organization
- Known as a brand and culture champion
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Significant leadership experience in a distributed service delivery model
- Needs to be able to rapidly assess and understand the organizations operational service delivery structure
- Initiating, managing and sustaining business relationships with heavy experience managing customer expectations
- Strongly demonstrated analytical skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Robust execution skills
- Leadership experience encompassing development planning and coaching
- Has successfully lead geographically dispersed teams
- Provides guidance/coaching to peers and other team members
- Manages complex projects requiring cross-functional teams
- Travel of 30-50% required across given market to support and engage with branch teams.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.