Snow Removal Crew Member
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for Snow Shovelers to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
This position is responsible for removing snow on assigned residential or commercial sites on an “as needed” basis. Primary function is to remove snow using a shovel or snow blower on walkways, thoroughfare’s, etc. This position may also assist snow removal teams (Drivers) with their snow removal responsibilities. The position may also be required to spread salt or sand on an as needed basis.
You’d be responsible for:
- Removing snow using a shovel or snow blower for several hours at a time, depending on the amount of snowfall
- Availability each time it snows, and report either to a central location or directly to the jobsite
- Removing snow in appropriate locations, avoiding piling it on trees, shrubs, fire hydrants or sidewalks
- Checking with your immediate Supervisor prior to going home in the event that help is needed else-where
- Reporting any concerns to your direct Supervisor
- Maintaining a good attendance record, arriving as promptly as possible each time you are called for snow removal duties
- Filling out a job sheet/time card as soon as you are finished working after each snow removal operation
- If you can’t answer a customer’s question about our snow removal processes, find the on-site Supervisor to answer their question
- Being available and arrive on time each time it snows
- Communicating effectively with your Supervisor and coworkers to ensure maximum efficiency
- Participating in maintaining a safe and secure work environment for employees and customers by adhering to company safety policies
- Being aware of safety issues or concerns, and report them to the appropriate Supervisor
- Performing other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel and external customers is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reliable transportation to and from any work site
- Physically able to work outside, sometimes in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to shovel snow, sometimes for several hours at a time
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Willing to dress appropriately for all weather conditions
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.