Landscape Operations Manager / Director
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Operations Manager/Director to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
You’d be responsible for supporting the Branch Team in the area of Grounds Management, Landscape Installation, Fertilization, Irrigation, Tree and Pruning, Seasonal Color and Snow and Ice Management. You’ll ensure that all operations run seamlessly and effectively, including driving policies, practices, and procedures created to deliver effective and consistent quality, service and productivity. You’ll also support the production leadership team in their roles in the branch.
You’d be responsible for:
- Supporting the calendar of events from preseason preparations through post season shutdown.
- General oversight and direction of day-to-day operations for all divisions.
- Directing all division managers, fleet manager and fleet operations.
- OSHA Compliance and Safety Program Manager.
- Working with the operations team to ensure their monthly and seasonal responsibilities are being accomplished.
Service Partner and Team Member Identification & Engagement:
- Procurement, onboarding, contract negotiations, compliance and ongoing relationship management.
- Procuring and overseeing sub-contractors for Snow Division.
Estimate Support / New Sales Opportunities:
- Ensuring production accuracy.
- Leading large-site estimates in coordination with General Manager/ Branch Manager.
- Coordinating bid requests that involve multiple sites, multiple branches and markets to ensure consistency.
- Working with Sales and Account team on new sales opportunities to provide landscape, snow and ice management solutions and education.
Renewal Planning/Branch Initiatives:
- Validating renewal data and identifying branch initiatives.
- Identifying priority renewals and improvement opportunities during the preseason.
- Monitoring the branch improvement initiatives to be carried out by the branch and snow support team and developing strategies to enhance financial performance.
Policies and Procedures:
- Completing all tasks in line with the policies and expectations of the company.
- Training the branch team on snow contracts, Client Service Orders, Service Partner Contracts, Service Partner Service Orders, Chemicals, Safety, Electronic Time Capture, etc.
It would be great if you have:
- At least an Associate’s degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace.
- The ability to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses and professional certifications for relevant service lines.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView dba Cutting Edge Property Management, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.