Sports Turf Operations Lead
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Sports Turf Operations Manager to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Operations Manager for Sports Turf is responsible for a variety of proficiencies associated with Professional Sports Field(s) Management. The Operations Manager may lead and manage aspects of renovations, new construction, support field maintenance accounts, as well as represent company interest in construction meetings, field and facility consulting projects and develop long-lasting relationships and new business opportunities.
You’d be responsible for:
- Developing, supporting and managing athletic field systems by way of design review, renovations, new construction and maintenance opportunities at a professional level.
- Supporting companywide sports turf initiatives i.e, branch support and employee training, client interface, consulting, maintenance estimating, and communication.
- Creating and completing various types of technical reports and project reviews, bid proposal and RFP document development and writing facility and field assessment (client) reports.
- Supporting key high profile projects and accounts to ensure client satisfaction
- Candidates are expected to travel extensively, both domestic and internationally with flexibility to travel on short notice and in excess of 30 days for special projects.
- Evaluating bid specifications, and drawings thoroughly and capable of working with Project Management Teams, participating in meetings, and representing company interests.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor or associate degree in turf OR 3 years’ experience as an assistant professional baseball turf manager.
- Working knowledge of day to day field maintenance operations
- Prior experience working on sand based field systems
- Strong work ethic
- Capable of working long hours including weekends and holidays
- Core Competencies:
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Business Acumen - knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Command Skills - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges
- Drive for Results - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Managing Vision & Purpose - Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; can rally support behind the vision and inspire/motivate entire units.
- Intellectual Horsepower - Is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.