Account Manager - Tree Care
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. The Tree Care Account Manager partners within and across the business to sell tree care services and plant healthcare programs to clients, with or without base maintenance contracts. Reporting to the tree care branch manager, the position ensures that tree care operations provides quality, cost-effective tree services to clients by overseeing the crew leaders and their teams who perform the work. The Tree Care Account Manager is also responsible for estimating, design and managing client meetings as needed.
The Tree Care Account Manager will oversee a book of work totaling at least $1,000,000 annually and have dotted line responsibility for 1-3 service teams.
What you'll do:
- Understand client needs via regular communication.
- Ensure that job site safety, quality and appearance meet client and Brickman-ValleyCrest standards.
- Oversee tree care services, including proper equipment selection, team for the job being performed and potential subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up.
- Ensure work is executed with proper techniques.
- After installation or service, monitor all aspects of the landscape and identify any problems. Follow up with clients as appropriate.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Employee and Safety Management
- Partner with branch manager to ensure proper staffing levels
- Hire new crew as needed.
- Ensure proper paperwork is completed for all personnel changes and hires.
- Communicate with, counsel, train, discipline, review, and develop growth plan for team members.
- Prepare daily crew schedules and goals to be accomplished.
- Emphasize quality and efficiency of operations.
- Hands-on training and support of crew personnel, including proper operation of equipment, pruning techniques, safety, and quality standards.
- Ensure zero incidents/ accidents to personnel and equipment.
- Monitor safety record of crews.
3. Administrative and Financial
- Maintain and manage all required administrative systems, including time sheets, service schedules, and executed vs. budgeted performance reports.
- Coordinate with Branch/ Office Administrator to ensure tree job databases consistently updated with current job information.
- Sales and Estimating
- Assist the Branch Manager in the performance of tree sales tasks, as required, including but not limited to:
- Ensure tree goals for the branch are properly being met or exceeded
- Properly understand and accurately estimate jobs to ensure the financial well-being of the branch
- Review tree job performance with branch manager.
- Develop time and cost estimates; sell tree and PHC jobs inside and outside of base maintenance contracts.
Skills we're seeking:
- 2 or 4 year degree in horticulture, landscaping or pest management or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior customer service, management, and leadership experience within an organization, the landscaping industry or local marketplace.
- International Society of Arboriculture certification preferred
- Preferred greater than 5 years of experience in the industry
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.