Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Market Administrator to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Market Administrator supports the VPGM and leaders in their market, performing a variety of complex, specialized project management, administrative and office support functions. In addition, they possess a full understanding of the methods and procedures performed by a Branch Administrator.
You’d be responsible for:
- Administrative Support and Training
- Backing up Branch Administrators during vacations and peak seasonal activities (onboarding/layoff/snow)
- Training new Branch Administrators as part of the onboarding process
- Creating and delivering SOPs for branch administrative functions via a BA process manual
- Managing new hire driver qualification process and maintaining driver file spreadsheet for tracking expired driver documentation and conducts the annual MVR certification
- Key contact in the Market for systems support and technical issues
- Assisting high volume and other branches, as needed, with landscape/snow billing, accounts payable and receivable activities
- Serving consolidated customers and/or high-profile clients acting as the Branch Administrator for the VPGM
- Key point of contact for those clients
- Managing all billing, invoicing, etc.
- Working closely with Market Controllers on a variety of projects as needed (closings, job cost entry, intra-branch billing, etc.)
- Process Improvement/Best Practices
- Providing continual evaluation of processes and procedures performed by the Branch Administrators to identify areas for improvement and design best practices
- Serving as a key resource and expert in the Market on a variety of work activities
- Developing collaboration opportunities within the Branch Administrator group to share information across their market
- Advocating for the Branch Administrators by voicing issues, concerns and suggestions to Market Leaders, Finance, HR (etc.)
- Conducting audits at the branches to ensure they are following general retention guidelines, displaying required postings, and maintaining employee files/I9s.
- Market Specific Activities/Reporting (examples):
- CRM support
- Client Appreciation Events - Migration/Integration/Branch merger support
- Meeting scheduling
- Data Reporting/Analysis & Projects:
- AM Scorecard
- A/R Reports
- Monthly A/R reserves
- Contracts billed
- Risk Management
- Renewal Sales/Sales Opportunities
- Collection letters
- Interest on invoices
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Installation experience, managing crews and multiple projects experience
- Communication proficiency
- Influencing without authority
- Strong data analysis skills
- Understanding of SOP mechanics
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding and resourcefulness to access information and people
- Ability to drive process efficiency and effectiveness
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.