Hillside, New Jersey
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Project Manager to join our team.
You’d be responsible for:
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Project Manager, Enhancements.
The role of Project Manager, Enhancements will be responsible for driving growth and mentoring to Enhancement Managers for a specific territory within the region. This role, with extensive field experience, will manage and build large scale commercial landscape ancillary projects from inception through completion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients focusing on all pertinent points of contact
- Develop and maintain a schedule to perform “site walkthroughs” during formal meetings with customers to ensure quality and service expectations are met before, during, and after the projects
- Partner with the branch Enhancement Manager to lead and facilitate the resolution of client issues or concerns as needed
- Proactively listen to potential site enhancement needs of existing clients
- Identify and pursue opportunities to sell large enhancement deals to existing clients within the territory/ area.
- Coach and develop accurate estimates and takeoffs for both new and existing clients as needed
- Ensure design bid/ install for proposed ancillary projects are delivered to clients in a timely manner
Operations and Employee Management:
- Manage projects, including the coordination of all materials, people, equipment and subcontractors required to produce quality work.
- Partner with branch operations/ enhancement teams to ensure that all construction installations are delivered according to contract specifications, on budget, according to schedule and with a high standard of quality
- Inspect properties prior to scheduled service in order to properly prepare specific action plan for service. Adjust schedule as needed and follow up based on communications with client.
- As necessary, perform hands-on work with crews to meet work and scheduling demands.
- Supervise the enhancement teams (crew leads and enhancement teams)
- Promote compliance of all safety regulations and policies
- Ensure branch financial goals met by maintaining acceptable gross margins for irrigation services.
- Mentors, trains and support enhancement managers in the region with estimating support, procurement of materials and plants and the enhancement process for the area.
- Managing cost reports, analyzing budget variances and recommending strategies to lower project costs; reviewing labor quantities and phases to facilitate accurate project tracking
- Ensuring timely and accurate monthly job billings
- Maintain and manage all required administrative systems, including time sheets, service schedules, and executed vs. budgeted performance.
- Partner with the account managers to maintain satisfactory accounts receivable levels
- Assisting in the preparation of change orders and coordinating receivables and collections with branch administrative team
- Attend month end close and other MFP meetings
- Order materials as needed and monitor material and equipment costs and deliveries.
- Request purchase orders and use in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by VPGM
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 or 4 year degree in a landscape or business related field or equivalent experience in a similar service industry
- Minimum 7 years of in construction or landscaping industry;
- Minimum 1 year of management experience within the landscape or service industry
- Must be able to travel within the assigned territory to visit designated client properties
- Demonstrates ability to function successfully in a fast paced and ever-changing work environment
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to create and foster a team oriented environment
Computer Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and programs including; MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with mobile applications and software including but not limited to; retrieving email from a mobile device, accessing and using mobile applications, taking and sharing pictures
- Estimation programs – CRM, Bluebeam,
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.