Golf Course Horticulturalist at Lake Isle Country Club
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Plant Health Care Technician to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
We’re currently seeking a motivated, team-oriented professional to work as a Plant Health Care Technician. This is a challenging year-round position requiring a desire to work outdoors, knowledge of plant I.D., pests and diseases, as well as practical experience in spraying, fertilization and IPM. You will be applying control measures and fertilization applications to trees and shrubs on our commercial maintenance properties. As a PHC you will scout, diagnose, treat sites and provide feedback to your project director on pest populations, disease stresses and plant health.
You’d be responsible for:
- Applying fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions
- Driving company vehicle to customer locations
- Responding on a timely basis to customer requests
- Completing required production forms and customer instructions
- Performing a daily five-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return
- Maintaining vehicle and equipment cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Ability to become a licensed spray operator
- Excellent communication skills, leadership potential and an aptitude to train
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with and serve multiple clients
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and timely
- Dedication to safety
- Proficiency in use of landscape equipment
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish a plus
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.