The Billing Supervisor will be responsible for the oversight of all billing and accounts receivable activities. This role will direct and coordinate all day-to-day activities associated with billing accounts to clients either personally or through team members. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. The Supervisor will coordinate internal teams on process implementation and training as well as working with our partner company supporting communications on a national level.
- Ensures accurate and timely Client invoicing/billing.
- Ensures that third party billing is submitted correctly and that appropriate follow up is performed.
- Participates in pre-award contract briefings, and post-award contract meetings.
- Prepare timely month-end closing activities.
- Work as a liaison between Contract Compliance, Portfolio Supervisors and IT
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work of Billing Team.
- Manages organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Monitor and manage key performance measures for the Billing Department.
- Participants in bi weekly Portfolio reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in business or relate field
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding of Billing and Accounts Receivable
- A hands-on management style while working with projects and issues, and also able to lead and manage through his/her team in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Expert-level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel (verification through advanced testing)
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks, work independently and is a highly motivated, self-starter