Contract Employee Relations Specialist
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Employee Relations Specialist to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
We’re currently seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to join our Human Resources Team. The Employee Relations Specialist (ERS) is responsible for providing support to managers and team members including administering employment policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive employee relations. This includes conducting workplace investigations, counseling management with respect to federal, state and local EEO and other laws to ensure consistent interpretation and application of laws, policies and procedures. The ERS recommends effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective actions in accordance with personnel policy and applicable laws. This role performs required tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records for ER cases, and delivering service in a professional and efficient manner with prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
You’d be responsible for:
- Assisting team members with workforce issues by listening empathetically to concerns, managing, and handling the case in a sensitive manner. Keeps team member regularly informed of the status of the case, informing the team member of obligations to ensure a timely and accurate handling of the case in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Consulting with and advises managers regarding workplace issues and recommends appropriate personnel actions in accordance with Company policies and guidelines, and applicable laws.
- Coordinating review with employment law on guidance as appropriate in addressing cases that may result in potential legal action.
- Assisting managers as needed in preparing corrective action documents and performance improvement plans, and preparing for employee conversations and partners to resolve. Notifies manager of process and timeline based on the recommended actions.
- Remaining current and informed in the field of Employee Relations in order to share knowledge and insights with others. Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local EEO and labor laws.
- Managing requests or inquiries from customers following defined procedures and guidelines. Conducts proper reviews and investigations working to resolve cases within acceptable timeframes, further escalating inquiries as appropriate in order to uphold timely, effective resolution.
- Collaborating effectively with others in order to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables within the HR functional area(s).
- Interacting with customers, vendors, service providers, and other third parties as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies within the HR functional area(s).
- Cultivating a high level of trust with all customers, stakeholders and team members. Assists and encourages users and customers to make effective use of the self-service options, systems, products, services, etc. in order to drive rapid resolution and empower the customer.
- Managing periodic reporting from systems
- Streamline HR processes and develop related guidance materials and training for HR
- Serves as a liaison for a particular business area and contributes to the relevant team meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in an HR concentration such as an HR Generalist, employee relations, labor relations, training and development, diversity, compensation, benefits, and/or talent acquisition.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment (EEO) and labor laws
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing effective solutions to resolve problems.
- Experience communicating both verbally and in writing to various audiences
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office suite products
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.