Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Director, Finance to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Director, Finance serves as the leader for the financial function of their respective business unit and as a business partner to the Senior Vice President. This is a key support function to the business as well as the corporate finance team. The Director, Finance will own the financial management of 150+ million-dollar business unit with varying levels of scope and complexity, including budgeting, financial reporting, process design and execution, oversight of accounting & month end close as well as being a primary business leader through supporting the Senior Vice President.
You’d be responsible for:
- Business partner at a strategic level that enables the SVP and the business in key decision making
- Responsible for establishment of financial and operational standard operating procedures
- Responsible for all annual planning, budgeting, monthly forecasting and month-end close results
- Leads all decision support, financial planning and analysis efforts for the region including but not limited to; P&L management, KPI delivery, accuracy and quality, internal audit, asset management, contract management (partner with Legal), risk management (partner with Legal), estimation (as a process partner)
- Provides insights from financial trends with business understanding of implications and opportunities
- Adheres to all accounting policies and practices
- Partners with corporate finance to ensure alignment of processes and controls
- Works to support and analyze quantitative or financial data to monitor trends and make recommendations to ensure improved business outcomes.
- Collaborates with sales and operations on strategy & business planning for the business
- Actively involved in leadership meetings and willing to participate in various other initiatives
- Manages workflow in a manner that the team can effectively balance priorities, providing backup support as needed and otherwise ensuring that all work is accomplished with an appropriate sense of urgency and a high level of quality
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and hold team members accountable to reaching their goals.
- Lead, train, monitor, and evaluate the performance of employees to meet individual and team targets
- Create an inspiring team environment with a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration
- Support team member’s professional development to foster employee engagement and meet organizational strategic initiatives
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and onboard new employees.
- Lead a team of 10-20 employees
- Other duties as assigned
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of significant experience leading the finance function in a matrixed environment of a geographically dispersed business
- Strong operational knowledge/experience gathering insights from data to inform strategy, assess risk and address opportunities
- Process oriented and has designed/executed processes, controls and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters or CPA is strongly preferred
- Proven success managing teams
- Proven success in leading a business and partnering with executive leadership in key business decisions
- Ability to influence and persuade, develop and maintain professional relationships
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity, acts as a change agent
- Demonstration of critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and expert level proficiency in Excel
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.