Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Communications Specialist to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
We’re currently seeking a Senior Communications Specialist. The Senior Communications Specialist will be a member of a small Public Affairs, Marketing & Communications group. This is an established department with wide-spread accountabilities providing enterprise direction and support across a $2.5 billion dollar service organization with 20,000 distributed team members. The Senior Communications Specialist reports to the Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs and assists in the execution of the company’s internal and external communications program, social media, and the ESG and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program. The Senior Communications Specialist focuses primarily on identifying, researching, producing and distributing internal and external communications that build awareness of the BrightView brand and advance the company’s interests across businesses, regions and functional areas. The Senior Communications Specialist is part of a team responsible for telling BrightView’s story to its own team members and to external audiences through websites, intranet sites, social media channels, and trade and consumer press.
You’d be responsible for:
- Understanding the application of social and digital media work social channels, both proactively and reactively, to advance BrightView’s strategic goals.
- Managing content creation and distribution for all BrightView’s social channels.
- Managing the company’s consumer engagement through social media channels, direct-to-consumer communications, and consumer advocacy/review groups such as the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Google, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Managing the company’s internal website OurBrightView.com through published stories, responses to questions, creation of new sites, and create internal emails communications surrounding this platform.
- Writing news releases for external distribution to promote new projects, strategic initiatives, addition of key team members, or other significant change within BrightView’s various lines of business.
- Writing news stories on subjects relevant to BrightView’s team members for distribution through a variety of traditional and digital channels.
- Rendering communication services in support of corporate initiatives and BrightView’s marketing program.
- Conceiving, packaging and pitching stories to trade and consumer media and assist with interviews and media relations.
- Assisting in the conception, planning and execution of community engagement programs and events.
- Working with other members of the Corporate Communications/Public Affairs/Marketing team as well as support the communications needs of BrightView’s business units and functional areas.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited four-year institution with an academic emphasis in journalism, English, communications or marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years professionally relevant experience in a corporate, institutional or agency setting.
- Superior communication skills across all channels, including social media.
- A strong writer and publicist with experience in the strategic use of digital/social media.
- Familiarity with platforms like HubSpot, Salesforce, and Review Trackers
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.