Internal Auditor Staff
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for an Internal Auditor Staff to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Internal Auditor Staff role will help and support the objective of the Internal Audit function in providing independent and objective assurance and consulting services to ensure maintenance of an adequate and effective system of internal controls to aid the continuous improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Company's operations. The Internal Auditor Staff role will report to the Sr. Manager, Internal Audit and work closely with various business functions including Corporate Accounting, Treasury, Legal, Shared Services, Tax, as well as with finance management throughout the Maintenance and Development businesses.
You’d be responsible for:
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual risk-based internal audit plan, including data analysis to identify risks and items of audit interest.
- Conducting process walkthroughs to identify, validate, and document significant classes of transactions, financial reporting risks, and key controls.
- Preparing SOX workpapers and deliverables such as planning and approach memos, process narratives and/or flowcharts, testing documentation, and control deficiencies or audit observations.
- Coordinating and monitoring progress of testing and alerting Senior Manager of Internal Audit of any potential deviations in the execution of the plan or matters requiring consideration for changes to the plan.
- Recommending process improvements and providing input to the business on remediation plans to address control deficiencies.
- Monitoring the status of remediation efforts to ensure timely completion.
- Liaising with external audit team to execute direct assistance or agreed upon reliance program.
- Supporting the execution of branch audits or desk reviews.
- Assisting in the preparation of training materials, management update materials, and Audit Committee communications related to internal audit activities and management testing.
- Helping with special projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Ensuring appropriate handling and sharing of confidential financial information.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA or actively working toward license
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years of audit and accounting experience, including public accounting
- Ability to take initiative to identify and resolve issues and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills; strategic thinker
- Precise and deadline-driven organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Interest in gaining experience in internal ERP and software solutions
- A positive attitude and unquestioned integrity
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.#ZR