Leave of Absence Coordinator
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Leave of Absence Coordinator to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Leave of Absence Coordinator handles all tasks related to the BrightView leaves of absence, disability, and life insurance programs. The position is team member facing as well as data-oriented.
You’d be responsible for:
- Leave of absence administration, partnership with the HRBPs and Legal teams to ensure the company is compliant
- Strong knowledge of Leave and Leave-related benefit local, state, and Federal regulations and application of compliance regulations and BrightView polices in determining Leave eligibility and process application. Stay up-to-date on new legislation or regulations regarding LOAs
- Execution of all Leave-related communications, including approval and follow-up letters and employee rights notifications
- Review of all supporting Leave documentation; ensure proper filing of Leave-related documentation and notes
- Providing guidance on LOAs and serve as the first contact for employees with questions or issues; mediate and escalations or conflicts
- Educating managers and team members on the Leave policy and process
- Handling benefit premium billing to team members on Leave and partner with Accounts Receivable and Payroll to ensure proper accounting of payments
- Managing the Salary Continuation program, including communication with Payroll
- Processing all death, state disability, and long-term disability claims with the proper vendors; manager and partner with these vendors
- Maintenance and accuracy of leave and leave-related benefit data in the HRIS system and creating related reports, as needed. Includes the processing of PAFs (internal HRIS Leave workflow forms)
- Creating and maintaining documentation of ongoing processes and procedures
- Serving as back up to other members of the Benefits team for the administration of all benefits
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the leave of absence function
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical, modeling, forecasting, problem solving, and project management skills
- Experience in a publicly traded company a plus
- Experience in writing communications to and communicating with large hourly populations.
- Good communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to produce clear and effective written communication to diverse audiences
- Experience with delivery of benefits to a large distributed workforce or within the services industry preferred
- Strong software skills including HR information systems, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.