Real Estate Specialist
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Real Estate Manager to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Real Estate Manager reports to the Senior Director of Real Estate and will execute and deliver on the day-to-day Real Estate activities of the 300+ property portfolio in accordance with company objectives.
You’d be responsible for:
- Managing a Real Estate Portfolio of 300+ commercial properties
- Managing the real estate team by directing and supervising the activities of the team members, and provide necessary training and coaching
- Managing lease analysis and work with commercial brokers on negotiation of business terms for various commercial, industrial real estate transactions
- Drafting and sending communication/notices to landlords and property managers
- Drafting lease agreements and amendments for review
- Maintaining intimate knowledge of lease agreements
- Preparing contracts for execution and request Certificates of Insurance
- Managing property files and monitor projects to ensure lease extensions are secured prior to expiration of critical dates
- Working closely with Accounts Payable department to set up and maintain monthly recurring lease payment schedule, and request additional payments
- Resolving any discrepancies in requested payment amounts directly with landlords and property managers
- Reviewing and reconciling tenant rent and CAM charges
- Managing lease administration database of entire real estate portfolio by building, maintaining and updating database;
- Preparing and manage monthly real estate reports on active leased/owned properties, generate established reports in timely manner
- Managing final walk through process of properties with landlords and branch representatives to close out properties
- Resolving property repair and maintenance issues with landlord and branch operation under the guidance of the legal department
- Reviewing and understanding applicable zoning codes and design guidelines.
- Researching and processing zoning, occupancy, use permit applications
- Managing all facets of tenant and capital improvement projects
- Managing broker, landlord, and subtenant relationships
- Interacting with brokers, contractors, legal counsel, risk management representatives, environmental consultants and surveyors
- Evaluate several possible actions and use discretion to make the appropriate decision on various real estate matters.
- Identifying and resolving problems while providing exceptional customer service
- Escalating matters to Real Estate Attorney and/or Senior Director of Real Estate when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Preparing department budgets, budget forecasting, reporting, planning and analysis
- General administrative (reviewing and processing expense reports; meeting planning; travel arrangements; calendar maintenance; receiving, reviewing and processing invoice payments and tracking)
- Faxing, photocopying and filing
- Performing other duties and special projects as assigned
- Some travel will be required for branch property visits
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate real estate or commercial property management in corporate environment
- Experience supporting multiple groups or departments
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic
- Skill in effectively compiling, filing, retrieving, maintaining, researching, coordinating and organizing information.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze and solve work problems
- Customer service experience
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Experience assisting a fast-paced real estate department preferred
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.