Senior Estimator Aquatics
Position at BrightView Aquatics
Brighter futures start here. BrightView Landscape Development is the largest and most experienced landscape construction company in the world. Within BrightView lives the BrightView Aquatics Division. BrightView Aquatics has been constructing unique world-class water features around the globe since 2002. Our clients include high-profile luxury resorts, complex corporate campuses and iconic sports stadiums around North America.
Here’s what you’d do:
Our team is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to work within our BrightView Aquatics Division in Colorado or Nevada. This position will work with our estimating, pre-construction and operations departments in a fast-paced environment.
You’d be responsible for:
- Working on complex multi-discipline estimates for large aquatic water feature projects.
- Reading and interpreting plans, specifications, and conditions to determine scope and risk of projects.
- Evaluating bid documents for constructability and value engineering opportunities.
- Compiling RFP packages for subcontractors including the creation of scope of work documents, drawing lists and relevant specifications.
- Developing and maintaining key subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Performing quantity takeoff for site work, concrete, piping and equipment. Electrical experience a plus.
- Applying production units to takeoff quantities to determine labor.
- Obtaining material and process equipment quotes according to technical specifications.
- Scheduling estimated rental equipment needs and pricing accordingly.
- Determining and applying indirect and general condition costs to support the needs of the project.
- Determining qualifications, clarifications and exceptions for complex bid proposals.
- Attending pre-bid meetings and de scope meetings as needed.
- Performing quantity analysis, cost analysis, labor estimates and subcontractor pricing comparisons.
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant estimating software applications to assist in designing reports and systems to support department needs.
- Participating in design-build projects with engineering partners to develop budgetary estimates and ROM pricing.
- Creating project schedules utilizing bid documents and operations input.
- Scheduling pre-bid kickoff and estimate review meetings to present information to the team.
- Developing bid strategy in relation to bid competition, project execution and site logistics.
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 5 years of experience in estimating, pre-construction or related field.
- Experience with multi-discipline estimating including earthwork, structural, piping and various other trades.
- Previous water feature or high-end commercial construction and pool experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High Proficiency with software such as: Excel, Bluebeam, Navisworks, etc.
- Experience with On-Screen-Takeoff (OST), HCSS or similar a plus.
- Degree in construction management, engineering or related field preferred.
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you may have found your match. With our range of services, including design, development, and restoration enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.