You’ve entered a professional environment rooted in respect, collaboration and achievement. Our focus is improving life, naturally! We’re looking for an Equipment Operator to join our team.
Here’s what you’d do:
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, trenchers, backhoes, loaders and other pieces of equipment. Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by policies and procedures.
You’d be responsible for:
- Operating heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life.
- Performing daily safety and maintenance check.
- Cleaning heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensuring heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advising Foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participating in routine maintenance
- Practicing workplace safety
- Maintaining inventory
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in equipment operating and maintenance
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- Work in/or about situations near direct automotive traffic
- Work near or about natural bodies of water
- Work 8+ hours per day with applicable breaks x 5 days/week (some overtime/weekend work required)
- Ability to work in extreme conditions – temperatures may exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. (mulch, fertilizer, etc.)
- Ability to load/unload burlaps with plant cuttings onto trailer (up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day
Here’s what to know about working here:
At Baytree, our vision is to accomplish landscaping goals while providing the best possible experience for our employees and our clients. We value integrity, safety, and teamwork. We emphasize investing in our team through knowledge and trust. If you are ready to build a confident career while building beautiful landscapes, join us!
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
We are dedicated to delivering a picture-perfect experience for our team.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.