Nashville, TennesseeAPPLY NOW
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Operations Manager.
Operations Managers are responsible for:
- Have regular communication and meetings with team members and clients while building enduring relationships with them.
- Be responsible for the multimillion dollar P&L of the branch, expedite contracts and billing, and hire, train, inspire and develop branch staff.
- Be accountable for the efficiency of client work and increasing market share for the branch.
- Be responsible for overall management responsibility for the landscape construction branch.
- Establish goals, priorities and objectives for business development and operations teams and lead the execution of such.
- Lead business development, focusing on selling the full-cycle that BrightView offers.
- Collaborate with the HR function on people attraction, development and retention.
- Support hiring, on-boarding and mentoring of new team members.
- Develop long and short-term strategic business planning for your branch.
- Lead by example as teams strive for 100% highly satisfied customers. Identify ways to provide more value to the customer
- In collaboration with your branch management team, review estimates, bids, proposals and contracts.
- Working with the branch operations team, ensure work is executed with the highest quality and that budgets are met and margins are exceeded.
- Always learning while teaching others to do the same.
Skills we're seeking:
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience in construction or related industry.
- A proven track record demonstrating your ability to build strong relationships with general contractors, and other clients, resulting in strong business performance
- Beyond your managerial capacity, you must demonstrate skills in project and time management, team motivation, decision making and technology (MS Office and costing/estimating packages).
- You will have a four year degree in landscape architecture, civil engineering, construction science, construction management, horticulture/other related field.
- A working knowledge of business accounting and P&L statements is required, plus broad knowledge of horticulture, landscaping equipment and managing a fleet of company vehicles.
- Demonstrated people development and performance management skills.
- Familiarity of construction and production techniques for a self-performing contractor.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.