Landscape Crew Member
Looking for an opportunity where success comes naturally? Then you may have found your crew. We’re looking for a Landscape Laborer to join our team.
You’d be responsible for:
- Using hand and/or power tools or equipment to perform a wide range of landscape and irrigation duties
- Laying sod
- Installing sprinklers
- Installing mortarless segmental concrete masonry wall units
Additionally, employees are expected to abide by all internal control & compliance practices to:
- Safeguard assets from theft and misuse
- Ensure segregation of duties to minimize fraud
- Comply with business ethics, applicable laws and regulation
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Periodically reconcile physical assets to accounting records
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 6 months commercial landscape experience preferred but not required
And while not mandatory, it would be great if you also have:
- The ability to use hand equipment with mechanized moving blades such as gas powered shears
- Experience using manual hand tools such as shovels
- The ability to work from elevated heights such as an 8’ A-frame ladder
- Ability to use a hand shovel for extended period
- Ability to move soil, equipment, and materials, digs holes, and plant trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Able to work in/or about situations near direct automotive traffic
- Able to work near or about natural bodies of water
- Able to work 8+ hours per day with applicable breaks x 5 days/week (some overtime/weekend work required)
- Ability to work in extreme conditions – temperatures may exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. (mulch, fertilizer, etc.)
- Ability to load/unload burlaps with plant cuttings onto trailer (up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day
Here’s what to know about working here:
At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities and competitive salary, employees may be eligible for benefits and perks like:
- Paid time off
- Health and wellness coverage
- 401k savings plan
Think you’ve found your crew?
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.