Austin, TexasAPPLY NOW
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
We’re currently seeking a Class A Driver with Equipment Operator experience. The CDL driver is responsible for transporting equipment on a commercial vehicle from one job site to another. The driver must also be able to operate heavy equipment such as trucks, front end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, trenchers, backhoes, loaders and other pieces of equipment. The driver must adhere to all Driver Safety and Laws set by the state and BrightView policy. The driver is required to show up on time and work required days.
What you'll do:
- Transport equipment to and from jobsites.
- Must be able to operate commercial vehicles to, from and around job site.
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance check on vehicle and equipment.
- Must be able to load and unload truck.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Maintain vehicle to proper safety and cleanliness standards set forth by the company.
- Maintain set routes and set time tables for daily routes.
- Maintain and organize all daily load tickets.
- Adhere to all check in and check out procedures.
- Practice workplace safety
What we're seeking:
- Texas Class A driver’s license
- Current Medical Card and must be self-identified with the TX Department of Public Safety
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of commercial driving
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of equipment operator experience
- Ability to adhere to proper DOT inspections and daily paper work.
- Work in/or about situations near direct automotive traffic
- Work near or about natural bodies of water
- Work 8+ hours per day with applicable breaks x 5 days/week (some overtime/weekend work required)
- Ability to work some Saturdays as needed.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions – temperatures may exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs or more.
- Ability to load/unload 40 lbs or more from vehicle.
- Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day
- Ability to work with a safety first attitude.
- Competitive salary ($19 - $21/hr)
- Holiday pay and Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.